Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Green, Green, expensive Green

The cool thing right now is to go green. Well, I think cool has finally hit the mark. Nick and I have been trying to go green/organic for awhile now (I guess going to school in Bellingham rubbed off on us a bit) but green is EXPENSIVE!! Now, because of this cool "green" trend, prices are dropping. Yeah for OPRAH!!

I used to use the recyclable bags that you could buy at the grocery store (i.e. Safeway or Albertsons), but, to put it nicely, they SUCKED. You could barely hold anything, the straps broke, and they were a pain to wash. So I surfed the net to find another option. I found the most amazing bag, that is inexpensive and wonderful all at once. They are Baggu reusable shopping bags. I recommend them to everyone. They fold up nicely into a small pouch, so I can carry them in my purse, and never forget them. Even though I really wanted to buy pink (fushia), I bought grey (smoke), so that my husband didn't have to carry home a pink shopping bag. Get some, and save a plastic tree every time you go shopping.

I also want to try the products from the BioBag line, such as Kitchen Waste Bags and dog poop and cat box bags. Let me know if anyone has used them before.

Our goal is to try to make the smallest footprint we can, within our budget, so that our children will have room for their garbage in the landfills...he he he

No comments: