Friday, April 18, 2008

Jeans Day!!

So today I get to wear jeans to work!! I know for many of you get jeans friday or something similar. We do not. I work at a hospital still run by a Catholic ministry. So I basically come in contact with nuns and priests daily. Sister Rosali was our main speaker in orientation. They take modesty very seriously. "Skin" is not aloud. We even have to wear nylons every day....blah (I do get away with wearing dress socks with slacks rather than nylons). But I must say it is nice not seeing cleavage and yucky feet.

But today is an exception, we are cleaning out our offices and the storage room, so we get to wear jeans! We only get to wear them if we are not going into the main hospital, and if we are we either have to change, or not wear our badge. The funny thing is even though we all talked yesterday about how excited we were to wear jeans, I still hesitated in the morning because I didn't want to be the only one, or have the wrong day. It's funny how rules affect onself and how much I realize I am a rule follower, not a breaker. I still have a nice sweater on, but I brought a fleece vest just in case at any point I don't want to get my sweater dirty...which might be all day ;-). Anyways, I wanted to share my joy today as I walk out of the house in my Gap jeans, and my worn, but loved Danskos. Its just the simple things that I am reminded to appreciate. Jeans and comfy shoes......

No comments: