Monday, February 23, 2009

Taken



Nick and I saw "Taken" this weekend with Liam Neeson. We both thought is was great and kept us on our toes the whole movie. It was short, sweet and to the point. It was a bit disturbing though, so please heed my warning. If you are a young lady ever thinking about leaving the country and traveling by yourself or with another girlfriend, or if you think about ever letting your daughter leave the country and travel with girlfriends......DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE. I will leave it at that.

I am into the short and sweet movies these days. If they are going to make a movie that is more than 2hrs, there needs to be an intermission. You might be thinking to yourself, "geez, she is acting like an old lady with a bad hip." But I have always been this way, I am wiggly, I cannot sit still, but I love to go to the movies. For example, Batman(the new one) was a great movie, but I was so antsy by the end, I couldn't wait for it to be over. I am avoiding Benjamin Button in the theatre, because I know I will be distracted by the fact that I have to sit still for 2hrs and 45 minutes (that is not counting previews). Watching it from my couch with the pause button, is much more appealing to me. I am not the type of person that can leave a movie theatre to use the restroom, or refill my refreshments. I paid for the movie, and I will not miss one second even if my mouth is dry and I am doing the potty dance in my seat. So you see why I avoid long movies?

No comments: