Monday, May 26, 2008

Don't mess with anyone's momma

We went to Minihaha (Spell???) a couple weeks ago. It was a breezy day, so if you notice in the pictures below I wore my hooded sweatshirt and gloves. We had never climbed here before, we have always driven out to Post Falls to climb (which is still my favorite). My first climb was going really well until I noticed two beady black eyes staring back at me. There was a momma robin sitting on her nest that was on a ledge in the rock. Now you are probably all thinking, ahhh how cute. Well that is what I would have been saying if I wasn't 2 feet from her pointy beak. She did not move an inch, even when I was close. Well I wanted to finish my climb so I selfishly waved my arms to scare her away....she didn't move, only looks deeper into my eyes. So needles to say I came down, and we moved climbs so we wouldn't disturb her, or get our eyes pecked out. It was still a great morning!

I bet you are so glad that "Ashley loves Tiffany"
First climb...
2nd climb, no crazy momma birds, so I reached the top


Nick is so cute with his pants rolled up.

No comments: