Saturday, September 27, 2008

What Dahlias are supposed to look like.....

So one of my passions is Dahlias. I think they are wonderful and beautiful flowers. And I get really excited each year when it's time to plant them. This year I had to plant them late and in really rocky soil. Well...they were not cooperative at all and they look horrible. So Nick and I went down to Manito and took pictures of the really pretty Dahlia garden. I figured maybe mine at home didn't know what they were supposed to look like. So I showed them how beautiful they could be and how much potential each blossom had. Hopefully next year they will try a bit harder.


1 comment:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Chad and I went to manito this weekend too for the same reason! We got some cute pictures of Claire that i'll post soon. I think you have to give your flowers steroids to look like manitos!