Saturday, January 3, 2009

I am not sure that you caught the drift

I know I talked about how much the snow has gotten on my nerves lately. Well, last night was no exception. As our movie ended last night at 9:30pm we heard a loud 'pop' coming from our attic. Nick grabbed a flashlight and a ladder and headed up there. He thought our roof might be bowing in, and we were afraid that it might collapse. So we decided that we would sleep at the neighbors house (with Gage, Olive, and Scruffy aka Toby). But as we were getting ready we decided that even if we were safe we didn't want our roof to collapse, so we decided to take off the 3 feet of snow....might I remind you it was 10pm when we decided. So we got our climbing gear on and all our snow gear and headed out (see below). We have a very steep roof, so Nick could not stand up there without falling. I stood at the bottom belaying him while he shoveled. Now, I know you must be thinking 'geez, Nick sure got the short end of the stick.' He definitely worked extremely hard, but it was below zero last night and standing still in the snow in below zero weather was miserable. When he had a good footing on the roof, I was doing anything to keep warm. This included, jumping jacks, standing lunges, walking lunges, jumping lunges, swinging my feet high in the air just to get the blood to my toes, and finally singing out loud. I don't know if the singing helped with the cold, but it sure helped with the boredom. Needless to say Nick's arms almost fell off from shoveling and my arms and legs almost fell off because I was becoming a popsicle. So 3am we finished and I might say it is the longest anyone has stayed up in awhile, even Gage. So we all slept in today and then took another nap together later. It was all worth it, because now I can sleep knowing my roof won't fall on my face.

I am not sure if you can tell, but I actually am smiling in there.....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry there is so much snow in Spokane...yuck! You guys are troopers though!

Farley Family said...

You crack me up! Only would you guys do something that crazy.

Miss you guys.