Friday, January 2, 2009

Just a normal Friday night

Well we were off to a normal Friday night, me on my way to Kim's Terriyaki to get us some dinner, Nick shoveling snow, and a couch and movie waiting for us. But on my way to Kim's (I know we go there so often, we can use just the first name), a tiny little furry creature ran across the busy road only just getting missed by a huge SUV. So of coarse I jumped out of my car and he ran right over to me. No collar, no chip, but very sweet. So I drove around the neighborhood looking for anyone to ask if they knew who the little guy belonged to. Because of the 58 feet of snow, I never actually saw any houses or people......so I was just looking for movement when I finally saw a man shoveling his way out of his garage. He told me he did not know who he belonged to but to go knock on the door a few houses down. So I did....no luck, everyone is hibernating. So a hour later I head home. As I drove up our driveway I see my curious family salivating, waiting for dinner, only to find this little scruffball. Nick hungrily asked "what is that" and "where's the food." As I told him my story, he was still hungry...so we introduced him to Gage and Olive and went to get food. He has not made a peep and is not scarred at all, but he did mark my dining room table leg.

So here we are tonight with this furry little creature who Nick named "Toby." I will probably take him to Spokanimal tomorrow and see if they can find his home. Just a normal Friday night.....

No comments: