Saturday, September 19, 2009

So many artists in my family

If you remember the post about my mom's birthday party, you remember that we went to Polka dot pottery to paint the afternoon away. A tradition is forming for her birthday, but this year we decided to have a plan on what to paint. Last year I painted stripes....yes stripes. Pretty colors I might add, but stripes. Drawing is not my forte. I am much better at blobs, swirls and the aforementioned stripes. The painting/drawing talent was left out of my gene pool. I did get the appreciation of color gene, I love color. I love bold color, hence the tiger orange wall right next to the green-blue wall in my house. I love colors that you just might say, "I am not sure they quite go together," but when they are in the right environment make you say "wow!" I surely digress, back to the pottery. This year we found a Pottery Barn catalog to help the creative juices flow. I think they both turned out pretty great. The one created by the artist surely stands alone!

My mom's
Mine

1 comment:

Farley Family said...

OK Jessi, I hear from your mom that the garage is done and I really want to see pictures!!

Miss you guys!