Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blogging is not just for the young folk...

This is actually in response to my friend Ivy's blog about getting old. I know that I am not "old" by any means. But can anyone tell me where the point is that you forget how old you are?

Nick and I were at Costco for our weekly browsing/samples/lunch when I saw a woman with Fruit by the Foot samples. I walked over amazed that they still made the highly processed and heavily died fruit impostor and exclaimed "I used to love these when I was a kid" not realizing what I had said to a 75 yr old woman, she shot back very quickly, "How old are you?" Now I had to think for a minute but I confidently answered "25," to which she replied "Honey, you are still just a kid!" She was right compared to the years and experience she was carrying, I am just a kid.

When we got home, Nick looked at me and said "you are not 25 you are 26." My own husband could not remember how old I was. But I did the math really quick in my head to make sure I was indeed 25 and threw it back at him. I reminded him that he married a young spring chicken, and we were only the same age for 2 months, then he passes me up. So he was 26, but I was still 25 for one more month.

So back to my point, when did it get difficult to remember my age? Does it get worse???

2 comments:

Ivy Wang said...

HAHA! I asked Jeremy the other day - "Are we 27 or 26?" I really could not remember!!!!

So I guess 25/26 is really when you have to remember how old you are!

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

I do the same thing! I think it happened at age 24! And just be thankful that nick is older!