Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun Birthday at the lake...

Nick, Gage and I went to lake Cocalala for my birthday. It was wonderful. Not only did we get a break from "the house" but we relaxed and just hung out together (which has not happened without a hammer in our hands for a while). So we read and played and had fun. Nick also got me a new phone for my birthday (a palm/phone). What I did not realize was that even if the palm is on, that does not mean the phone is on. So I had my phone turned off for two days and did not even realize it. I felt selfish, but it was weird that no one called me on my birthday. Then I realized on Saturday that my phone was off. So once I figured out how to turn the phone part on, it told me I had 8 voicemails. So thank you to everyone who called! Sorry I didn't answer, I didn't even know how at the time =-)

Anyways, here are a lot of pictures from our weekend o' fun.

Even though Nick and I had a blast, I think Gage had the most fun of all. He finally figured out how to NOT splash himself while he swam. And lots of rolling, rolling, rolling.
My first attempt at a self portrait
Second attempt, almost got it.
Yeah, the third time is a charm
My boys
Gage had lots of dry land fun too.
I love this picture, especially the tongue
The turtle I caught
The turtle Nick caught.
Thanks for a great birthday!

2 comments:

Farley Family said...

So glad that you had an awesome birthday!! We really did try to call. We love you!!!!
The Farley clan

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Yep, I called too...hope you got my messege. Love ya and hope you had a good day.