Sunday, July 6, 2008

Is it really already July 6th?

I cannot believe the year is already half over. Especially since Nick and I have so much work to do on the house before it snows!!! Wait....wasn't it just snowing? Anyhoo.....

Here is what we did on our relaxing 4th of July weekend. Not much too say except I have a lot of cuts and bruises, siding looks a lot better when it's level and a skill does not work properly when you cut through the power cord...whoops. But Nick still loves me, and he is proud of me for using the skill saw, the nail gun (which is sooo heavy that my right shoulder is now 10xs stronger) and all the caulking that I did. So enough construction talk, look at my pictures.

This is our house the day we bought it. So this is the "before"


This is after Nick and Brad and Morgan tore off all the original siding. And that is me down at the very end putting up the Tyvek paper.Here is the house all wrapped up ready for trim and siding!!

Just a close up of what it looks like.
Here is after the siding is done on this side. You really feel like you have accomplished something after you see this. Now it is ready for paint!
Here is the a picture to compare to the first one from the day we bought the house. A pretty big difference huh?
And here is my cute husband!

2 comments:

diana said...

Looks good! I walked by your house when I was in town and it looks so different. I look forward to seeing it with you there :)

Farley Family said...

Looks awesome!! You guys work so hard on that house! Miss you tons can't wait to see you in October.