Sunday, July 26, 2009

CDA Tri

I officially finished my first sprint triathlon. It was a lot of fun and more challenging than I expected. Especially the swim. I sucked up a lot of water at the start and still had to swim the rest of the 1/2 mile. Even though that was the shortest leg, it felt like the longest. The bike and the run were great, my body held up through the finish. I am not quite sure yet, but I might just be hooked! Nick has been my biggest fan since I started training, and he didn't fall short at the race, he is a great cheerleader. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man. My mom, brother Aaron, and Lyla came out to watch also! Thanks for all the hugs and support!

This is the night before, trying on the wetsuit I borrowed from a friend. I had to make sure I could get it off by myself.
Coming out of the water from the longest swim on earth. I think it was only like 16-17 minutes, but it felt like an eternity. It was also hard to go vertical, I was really dizzy.


Transition #1 - From Swim to Bike

Happily biking (my favorite event)

Transition #2 - Bike to Run

At the finish line.

My tri buddies, Katie and Ivy. Thanks girls for such a fun race!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work! You look like a super-hero....Bet you feel like one too!

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

good job girl!

Mary said...

You rock, Jessi!